Ok, so our Internet is playing home which means I can't use the Internet on my laptop- but can use my 3G on my phone.... This means I've been waiting to blog about our Christmas & New Year so I can upload the most important bit.... The photos!!!! BUT.... it's still not happening so I will blog about other things & maybe come back to Christmas & New Year at some point!
So.... HAPPY NEW YEAR! I do really enjoy the feeling of New Years- the idea that you can start again & try harder. The idea that you have a point to work from & a point to work towards.
I love being able to set New Years resolutions because I LOVE LISTS!!! And this really (for me) is the ultimate 'To Do' list for the year!!!
I have tried as I've got a little older to be more realistic with my goals, to make sure they're things I can actually achieve & then I normally set some 'mini goals' or steps that I think will help in getting me there.
Don't get me wrong- my impeccable New Year Resolution list normally causes me great knots in my stomach & a wave of shame when I get to about March/April (sometimes even February!) & realise I'm not doing so well- but I like the idea (if nothing else!) that u can sit down & plan & that if I put my mind to the things I want to do, I CAN DO IT! Plus, I really enjoy looking back over the year... There's a great sense of achievement for me when I know I've achieved something I'd plan to during the year & EVEN MORE of an achievement when Im able to look back & remember the new things I tried, the things I overcame & the fun I had!
Looking back over 2011 has been fun! I have become a Mum (although technically that was 2010 but hey!) & am raising the most wonderful little gel who has changed from a baby to a real toddler so fast. My little brother married the girl of MY dreams (as well as his!!!) My lovely brother-in-law married his beautiful bride, the wonderful Skid who is like an adopted little cousin to both Luke & I came back from his mission and we made what has been a life changing move back to my home town of Reading!
There have been some ups & downs for us all this year, as in every year. But thankfully- this year has had WAY more ups! Luke is still having to commute to London everyday so is staying at his parents most weekday nights (as its much closer) which is SUCKY! But, we have Hollie, we have our families & we have two amazing friends & a sister in law ALL about to give birth to what I know are going to be gorgeous angelic little boys!
There is our start to 2012 in a nutshell! We wish all our friends & family a HAPPY 2012 with lots of love & laughter :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment