I feel like I haven't blogged in ages and have quite a few little things I want to blog about- but right now, all I want to do is sit outside and enjoy the sunshine, while its here!
We are in London again this week, staying at my lovely in-laws while they holiday in Florida. This has meant two things for Hollie and I:
1) We get to see Luke/Daddy every day.
2) We have swapped being entertained by the chickens in the garden to a trampoline!
Hollie ADORES the trampoline with a passion I've never seen before! It's funny to watch her get up every morning and before I've even lifted her out her crib she is bouncing her legs and babbling in what I can only assume are strict instructions to get breakfast done quickly so we can get on with some serious trampolining!
So far, we have been here just over a week and managed to bounce for at least 30 minutes a day! Today, trumps all other bouncing days though, because today the sun is well and truly shining! No sneaky clouds have yet appeared to ruin our fun or make us need to run and get our jumpers, and for the first time I haven't needed to bring a towel out to dry off the trampoline! Today is: perfect trampoline weather. Thankyou Mr Sun.
Because of the sun being out today, something else magical has happened (no, I'm not talking about the washing being able to be dried outside, although in my world that is quite exciting!) HOLLIE HAS DISCOVERED HER SHADOW! It's like a re-enactment from Peter Pan! She is running around trying to catch it, wiggling her arms in the air watching her shadow 'copy' her and even bent down at one point and had what I can only imagine was a very in depth conversation on the economical climate of the country with her darker, 2d version of herself for a good 5 minutes.
Watching her discover new things like this is one of the delights of parenthood for me. I am reminded of the small miracles in my life, at the need for awe and wonder for the things I am surrounded by and at the beautiful complexity of our world. I also, have fallen in love with the trampoline. Hours of free entertainment that have us both outside and away from the tv screen and tires Hollie out so that she sleeps even longer than usual-what could be better?
So thankyou Mr Sun for making an appearances. You are very welcome to stay. I promise not to complain about heat or droughts or anything!
Sincerely,
Your biggest fan x





No comments:
Post a Comment