Peonies

Friday, 15 July 2011

Going APE!

So, it was Sandys hen do last weekend, which was AMAZING fun! I'm a bit sad it's taken me so long to write about it- but just been one of those weeks! 
We had so much fun & it was great hanging out with Emma (aka Sandys other sister in law & the other bridesmaid!) Em planned for us to go to Go Ape which I was really excited about- until I saw the video on their website! Then I completely freaked!!!! BUT decided it would be better to give it a go than to not try at all & then regret not going up! So.....after a yummy BOUNTIFUL picnic & some fun games AND some face paint application- up into the trees we went! 
Sandy with her classy bottle cover from Katz!
Helen getting painted up as a Frog! (Sandy had to paint us all but sadly (or maybe conveniently?!) we ran out of time before she finished us all!) Helen was a tree frog- why?! Because it was green & would match her t-shirt! Not sure whether that was Helen or Sandys choice, but either as, I LIKE it! When Helen closed her eyes, she had frog eyes!!!! AMAZING!
Some of Sandys facial creations!
On the way into the forest- all the other people out that day where very interested in our face paint!
I couldn't get enough of Becki's tiger face!!!! (Although I really should've been listening to my mate Chloe giving the safety talk instead!!!)

3 things I DIDN'T know would happen on the day---
1) There would be NO supervisor up in the trees with us!!! The closest authorative figure would be ON the ground!
2)You & you ALONE are in charge of your karibeana!!!
3) THERE IS NO COMING DOWN APART FROM ON THE ZIP WIRE IF YOU FREAK OUT!!!!!
NONE of these things sat well with me! I would much rather entrust my life in to a stranger to whom I believe to be qualified than my own clumsy self! It was also a little dis-concerting to sign a consent form that basically signed away my life & clearly stated that 2 people had recently fell & incurred serious injury after not following the instructions fully!!!!
Sandy 'suited up' & demonstrating the harness for the rest of us with the lovely Chloe!

Spidey Girl ready for action! (Me so scared it was hard to even take a photo without shaking!!!)
This freaky bug on the practise line that only made things worse! The promise of huge bugs as well as heights?! I DON'T think so!!!
Jade, Helen & Emma making the wait on the way up look glam :o)
Before the nerves set in! (Note these 2 jammies getting out of face paint!!!)


 Somehow ( I'm still not quite sure HOW!) - I ended up, up, UP in the trees! I have never felt fear quite like that! It felt so un-habitual to throw myself off of platforms into what felt like thin air! On the first 'Tarzan' crossing I actually had to ask Helen & Jade to PUSH me!!! (Thankyou Helen & Jade!) 
Laura & Abbie making it look easy!

Helen rocking the tree frog look IN the trees!

Emma landing with grace! (Anyone that has seen the video of me landing on my BACKSIDE then taking forever to get up will know that this is the COMPLETE opposite way to which I landed!!)
Going BACK up after a zip wire!

Julie playing it cool even though she definitely WAS scared!!!
It ended up being AMAZING fun & by the end I wasn't even phased by the height! (Although this did NOT mean I was swinging from the trees like Mowgli, just not on the verge of tears & shaking so vigorously!!!!) The other girls where amazing though! Sandy looked like she was BORN to climb trees & Em at one point lent right over MID-CROSSING to tie her shoe laces!!!!! (This may not sound very heroic. but trust me, it WAS!!!!) As for my tree climbing skills- lets just say they lye buried somewhere deep in the ocean with other such talents like: sewing & knowing where the line is!!! I was so pathetic that the 12 year old boy & his Dad behind us started to cheer me on saying things such as "Well done Meghan!" and "You can do it Meghan!!!" MUCH to Julies delight!!!! Yes, I was actually bad enough that strangers felt impelled to encourage me!!!
 It really was such good fun though! I really was just chuffed I actually completed it!
The staff where so sweet though- after I saw you could get a CERTIFICATE- I NEEDED one in my life!!! I was desperate to brandish it around like a badge of honour & after tricking me into believing they were a pound each, I was still so elated at the fact I'd completed it that I was like the Milky Bar kid shouting "certificates all round pleeeease!!!" (What, I needed evidence!!!) But, my elation was short lived when they gave a certificate to my MUM who definitely DID NOT do the course :o( Seems the Go Ape staff do NOT hold the completion certificate in the same steed as me!
My view!

Em & Daisy making the trees look good!
Me with a muddy bottom!!! Just glad Persil does the stain removing for me!
Job done!

Sandy not sure how to POP her popper!!! (Emmas face cracks me up in this!!!)

Still trying to work it out!!!


We are the coolest Sisters- in-law EVER. End of.  (even if I don't say so myself!)


Then to top it all off Sandy & I went back to my folks to see our yummy boys & my Hollie & enjoy Mums home cooking! (Just can't beat it!) I really wanted to be more helpful & at least help clear up after dinner- but HONESTLY it felt like my arms didn't belong to myself! (This can be confirmed by the HUGE amount of bruises I had all over me!!!) But Mum looked after me in only the way a Mum can, so I came away ready for the busy week ahead! We spent the afternoon rooting out old photos for the wedding which was really good fun & SUCH a giggle!!! I LOVE OLD PHOTOS! They bring back so many memories & Luke thought so many of me were hilarious! 
PLUS to top off a BRILL weekend, Mum bought us all a 'happy hen do' present- CATH KIDSTON bags! SCORE!!!! Here is the 3 of us VERY happy with our bags! Thanks Mum :o) And thanks Sandy for getting married so we could have a party!!!!
Looking through photos!

Oh yeah! Check our super cool faces!!! Sandy- teeth?!?! Hee hee!

Because it wouldn't be a blog from me without a photo of my Princess! This is Hollie looking distressed as Daddy & Uncle Jak took photos of her after she'd just woken up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment