Peonies

Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Sunny Sundays & Messy Mondays!

Sunny Sundays are the BEST! Especially when you have wicked-cool friends that invite you & the guests you had arranged to come over! THANKYOU KNIPES!!!! For Luke & I, there really is nothing better than spending a sunny Sunday afternoon chilling in the garden shooting the breeze with friends & family! Even better when Dan is on the BBQ & Hanna cooked brownies!!!! It was so nice to just sit out & chat & watch the kids play! Joe & Luke had great fun playing with the kids! Luke especially enjoyed scaring the life out of them! It was the FUNNIEST thing to watch! They'd be playing in the play house & Luke would sneak up & roar at the top of his voice & the look of terror on their faces was AMAZING! HahaHA! Shortly after the fear had subsided, they would giggle nervously as the adults all roared with laughter!!!! The funny thing is...they kept asking for more! Even when they knew Luke was coming towards them, they'd still be petrified!!!!


Henry not sure whether to run from Luke or to him! (Kiera just sped away as fast as possible!!!)
Luke happy that he has met his quota for scaring children for the day!
Great day! Thankyou Hanna & Dan! (& Arthur & Henry!) Here are a few more of my favourite photos from the day:

Arthur doing a 'Nappy dance' for his Mummy Hanna!
Cuddles with Auntie Leanne :o)

Aimee giving Kirsty her best 'cross sister' face ever! (Kirsty hiding from being hit back!!!)
Joe teaching Henry bad tricks!!!


Hollie in a state of ecstasy over her chewy toast!


Deep conversation! Quote from Leanne (Joes wife) "Oh good, Joe's found someone on 'his level' to talk to!!!!" (Leanne said it Joe! Not me!!!) Tee hee hee!

SO many toys it was like heaven! Hollie-Pop tried really hard to hold the balls (well, at least hold the ball long enough to try & get the balls in her mouth!)
These boys make me giggle! Arthur with 'ball boobies!'



Sunday was one of those days that was so fun, I was sad for it to be over :o( 

Henry quick to show Arthur how real boobies are made!!!    



But, lying in bed with Hollie Monday morning I did come to a nice realisation! My Monday mornings rock now! Before Hollie came along Mondays always felt like the drudge of going back to work for another week (don't get me wrong, I LOVED my old job, but the EFFORT just to wake up & get to work alone was too much some days!!!) Plus, Monday was always my busiest day as I had Math planning with me S.E.N Co. which meant that I didn't actually get to stop till 12 ( I know, boo hoo, poor me!) ANYWAY- now my Monday mornings I wake up when I hear the cutest little giggles coming from my Hollie-Pops room, I bring her into my bed for some snuggles & a feed while we listen to the radio & then, if things are going REALLY well, Hollie will fall asleep on my chest for another 20minuets! Pure bliss! Then we'll get up, feed Hollie her porridge & get ready for a trip to Storytime at the library & then the rest of the day is ours to do with what we may! It really couldn't get any better & is in STARK contrast to my old Monday mornings!
I watched a video posted by a friend on Facebook the other day (thanks Jess!) & in it the woman said that she has come to realise that it was a privilege to be a mother & that meant that even waking at silly-o-clock to feed or comfort her child was part of that privilege! That really hit home for me! I waited a LONG time for Hollie & she couldn't be any sweeter & more beautiful or mild mannered. She doesn't need much to be happy & I do feel honoured that I am the one that gets to make her happy & comfort her when she needs comforting, whatever time of the day it is (but lets face it, I'd still choose daytime, after 8am EVERY time given the choice!) I LOVE being a Mum, it's so weird how the responsibility is literally thrust upon you & entrusted to you with no course requirement or license!!!! (Luckily, as I'd probably fail miserably!) It really is an honour & the best treat I could ever ask for to be able to spend so much time with Hollie- even on mornings where she is more interested in eating the bowl than her porridge, or crying in between spoonfuls because she's desperate for more!!! 

So there it is- our Sunny Sunday & our Messy Mondays! Fun fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment