![]() |
| Opening his surprise! |
So, on the ACTUAL big day- I left my little camera in my suitcase so totally didn't get any photos which I honestly, couldn't be more GUTTED about- but it's done now, so I'll have to get over it! But, I did get some fun photos on the lead up, so here goes!
We got to Reading Thursday night after Luke had finished work. We went out to meet Hollies Godfather Ben first, (he helped make a video for the big day that we needed to pick up, plus we just wanted to see him!) then we met the family up at the chapel, where nearly all the decorations had already been put up- it looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!
All the fairy lights where amazing- I did ask if we could all just sleep at the chapel so we could enjoy it all for longer but everyone who had spent the WHOLE day prettifying things where a little desperate to get in there bed...I don't blame them! I wish I had taken a photo of the hall before all the food & band where up, or actually a photo at ALL of the hall :o( It wouldn't have done it justice though, it was just stunning! When we got home I had a little surprise for Dad & Jak; my Step-Grandma had been so sweet & fed-ex'ed over my Grandpops' kilt & jacket in the hope that Dad could wear it to the Friday night reception! Dad was so excited (yes, there were tears!) He had no idea so it was a real treat for him & for Jak! Sadly, it didn't fit so he didn't end up getting to wear it this time- but he's now eagerly awaiting another celebration to be able to wear it about (as he now has time to get it altered!) Here is some of them opening it all up!
Friday morning we got up early to go have breakfast with one of my besties Leanne (& get our hair done!) Hollie was an angel & LOVED playing with Leanne's junior Ashleigh (who even managed to cuddle Hollie into a sleep!!!) Luke & I were very excited too as Leanne has a stylist working for her that is GOK WAN's boyfriend!!!! It's about as close to fame as it gets for us! So we were quizzing him with loads of questions about Gok & what it's like to date him! It was all VERY exciting! What we didn't know until later that night is Gok himself came to pick up his boyfriend from Leanne's salon that afternoon & was even nice enough to sign autographs for passers by! Crazy stuff huh! If only we didn't have a WEDDING RECEPTION to go to, we could have met him! (If you're reading this Jak & Sandy- I'd choose your wedding reception over any celeb meeting ANY day ;o)
![]() |
| Hollie LOVES being carried by her Daddy! |
![]() |
| At Auntie Leanne's! Ummmm, Hollie-Pop I don't think you have enough hair yet!!! |
While we where at Leanne's & I was feeding her breakfast I noticed something- A TOOTH!!!!! Hollies first tooth is poking through! She is SUCH an angel because she has given no real signs of teething at all the past week- bar one night where she seemed to need a lot more cuddles than usual she's been so good! Lets hope all her teeth come through like this!!! (Yeah right!!!!)
We had a quick trip round to Jak & Sandy's to help them pack away a few boxes & set up their bed that had been delivered, then off to the chapel we went!
![]() |
| Chilling at Auntie Sandy & Uncle Jaks house! |
![]() |
| I LOVE Skid being back & being able to take photos like this!!! |
Later Friday was the wedding rehearsal- nice & stress free surprisingly! Hollie was very cute & ate her dinner (fed by her MarMar) while we practised walking in to the music! She was all smiles after dinner which made for a cute photo:
![]() | |||
| Cheeky monkey pose! |
![]() | |||
| Just woke up from her nap having snuggles with Auntie Julie! |
Then, the partying began!
![]() | ||
| Hollie with her Godparents :o) |
![]() | ||
| Jak & Jess dancing the night away! Jaks face=PRICELESS! |
![]() |
| Cheeeeeese! |
![]() | |
| Beth & her kids where hands down the best dancers of the night!!! Her girls are just SCRUMMY!!! |
![]() |
| With Auntie Leanne & Uncle Joe :o) (Hollie later fell asleep on Uncle Joe which was very cute!) |
![]() | ||
| While Hollie slept, Luke & I did shots!!!! (uhhhh, that would be squash shots that Elliot & Skid kept daring us to do! Haha! CRAZY huh!!!) For the record- they were grosse! |
![]() | |
| Sandy & Jak having their last dance before their big day :o) They chose "The way you look tonight.' Too cute! |
Then, off us girls scarpered to Sandy's pad in an attempt to get some kind of sleep before the big day! Thought Sandy's choice of pj's for bed was very funny!
For those of those that don't know who 'Beef' is- it's my OTHER brother ETHAN!!! Hahaa! Sandy was one of the first to join the 'I love Beef' fan club back in the day! Haha! This was our attempt at packing Sandy up for Thailand!
Then came Saturday morning :o) We had Nicks yummy porridge for breakfast then started to get ready. Holly came over to take some pics of us (obviously not MY Hollie!!!) & the amazing Mary came to do our hair! It was actually all quite relaxed & chilled! Skid did dare me to ring Jak & pretend Sandy had driven off somewhere & not come back (which I OBVIOUSLY had to do- I'd been DARED! Duh!) Jak fell for it after I wouldn't let it go & his poor little voice sound so sad we caved & told him we were winding him up! (Caroline filmed it all!) But it did make us giggle! Then we drive in style to the chapel!
![]() |
| These are our beautiful bouquets! |
![]() | |
| And this was our super cool bridesmaid presents! A coral Pandora bead!!! SCORE! If only I'd remembered to WEAR my Pandora bracelet! Oops! Have put it on now & it is a very special charm to me :o) |
It was such a beautiful day. Sandy looked so effortlessly beautiful & everything stayed pretty chilled & ran well. The amazing Helen took their official wedding photographs- her photos are AMAZING so we're all so excited to see them! Mum & I had great fun teasing her asking for more & MORE photos of ourselves! Tee hee hee! Sorry Helen ;o) If you want to see any of Helen's other amazing work see here:
http://www.helenroselifestyle.com/I gave a talk at the wedding that I was really nervous about! Not because of the talk itself, but more to do with actually getting THROUGH the talk because of my inability to stop myself from crying when I feel emotional!!! Poor Emma & I had to hold hands through most of the service (especially the MOST AMAZING musical item!) to try & stop ourselves from sobbing too much! What a bunch of wooses hey!!! The boys made a video for Jak with the help of Jaks best friend (& Hollies Godfather!) Ben, which they put a lot of work into, but which definitely paid off because it was so funny & really great to watch! (I think Luke plans to put it online so I will leave him to upload that as it's his baby!!!)
After all the yummy cupcakes where devoured we where off to the temple :o) It was so wonderful to see Jak & Sandy sealed for forever & to be able to have those extra few hours with them & all the rest of both families. Hollie got some play time with her Uncle Ben & Aunty Emma which she must have LOVED because when I came to check on her she was totally un-bothered by me!!!! Thanks Hols! Haha! I got to take Sandy & Jaks temple photos which was lovely & because we had such beautiful light it was nice & chilled with no pressure of the sun setting on us too quickly! I won't put photos up of them yet as they're still on honeymoon & I don't want to ruin the surprise for them, but here is one of all of us (bar me as I'm behind the camera!)
An AMAZING day! (Or few days really!) I just didn't want it to end :o( & now I am back in London feeling like my family are a million miles away & wanting to live round the corner from them all :o( Ah well, one day! At least living far away makes me appreciate them more!
As an extra (because this blog isn't long enough!) These were a few of the little things I made for Jak & Sandy's wedding that I didn't want to post a photo of before the big day! Hope anyone that was at the wedding spotted them :o)



























Lovely Meg. You did a super job.
ReplyDelete