Peonies

Thursday, 8 December 2011

One year ago....

So, this time last year I was onto my third day in hospital having had to be induced twice (joy!)
The pain was REALLY starting to kick in and the I was starting to beg for something a little stronger.

I had been on maternity leave for officially 4days and felt in no way ready for what was about to hit me! (I vividly remember also being really upset about not having time to wash my hair?!) Hollie was clearly comfortable where she was but the Drs weren't happy with the lack of fluid around her and her little heartbeat.
Luke was enjoying eating my hospital meals (don't ask me why but he LOVES hospital and plane food!) and my mum was constantly rubbing my back while trying to avoid the putrid stench of my wind that would NOT stop! (Oh yes, such a glamourous picture I'm painting!)

This time last year I was about to encroach on the hardest, longest, most painful hours of my life- I will leave the good stuff for tomorrow! But for tonight, I will remember the two nurses on shift alone in the random POST pregnancy ward I'd been dumped in; doing they're best to calm me & keep me comfortable. I have never appreciated Nurses (or should I really say midwives) as much as I did then! They became my best friends and confidants for the evening and as I look back I can't help but feel such a huge rush of gratitude for those women that were (& still are, really) strangers to me but became my source of strength through such a hard, but ultimately worth while evening. Hoorah for midwives and nurses!

Here are some beautiful photographs my clever Grandma took of Hollie a few weeks ago to celebrate my baby turning one tomorrow! I can't believe how fast this year has gone!!!!



Ps- This is me trying to blog from my phone for the first time, so if this is completely unreadable or a little but all over the place- Ooops! At least I've given it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment