Yay! A whole day set aside to eat pancakes- wahoooo! I think this should be made more of a bank holiday so we can all enjoy it even more- that would be AMAZING! Just saying....
Anyhow- I have so many different things I want to blog about, recently we went in a brilliant family holiday with some super friends to Centre Parks, we came home & got disgustingly sick, we had a lovely valentines, I got the life scared out of me at the cinema, and then we had more sickness in the house of the living plagues! BUT- for now I'll just blog about the here & now a)because I don't have time to write too much & b) I really need to let off a bit of 'mothering steam'!
So, Hollie & I have both been REALLY sick recently, and every time we thought we were rid of the nasty bug it seemed to sneak right back at us for well over a week! Eeeeeugh! Needless to say neither Hollie or I have been at our best in terms of patience and tiredness etc. Then, last night as I was brushing Hollies teeth- HORROR- another tooth is slowly breaking ground in her gums! Yes, it's great her teeth are coming through nicely, blah blah blah, but all I could focus on is the fact that I had only had my jolly baby back for less than 24 hours & this tooth was going to push both of us way past the realms of patience! Well, it has. We have spent the morning crying, throwing ourselves down on the floor with as much dramatic flair as humanly possible, dribbling more than an LA Laker, and making awful squarks at whatever is annoying us or not going our way (and that's just from me!!!) I have just spent well over 2 hour coaxing Hollie to sleep, only for her to wake up five minutes later to demand my presence back at her bedside & now I have left her to it. (One of my main bedtime/nap time rules is if she stands up in her crib I leave the room till she is lying back down). Plus, I just need five minutes to take a deep breathe.
Between the painful moments we have had some fun moments today though-
Hollie has learnt that all things circular make great bracelets, so was accessorising herself while watching Waybuloo.
We ate pancakes (while the chickens watched us)
After dosing up on some teething granules we built our first den together! It was a very girly attempt, but I was proud and Hollie was fascinated (if not a little dubious at first!) So, it could have been a lot worse, right?!
Plus, I have the added bonus of seeing one of my bestest friends this afternoon, a trip to Costco AND the Brit awards to settle down to watch!
Now, if only I could get through this next half an hour........
Happy Pancake day :o)




Those pancakes look amazing :-) So sorry Hollie is teething again but glad you had a lovely Center Parks holiday!
ReplyDeleteIf you need a bit of a break I would gladly come and watch Hollie for you. Just let me know.
Rach xx