One day, I will be that type of blogger that actually blogs on the day that things happen- rather than (mostly) a good week afterwards! But for now... You'll just have to put up with my tardiness, sorry!
Valentines was a funny one this year...
The thing is, Mr L & I aren't big valentines fans- our rule is no presents (unless it's a simple home made gesture), a card and a meal together at home that evening with something normally girly to watch (this is one of those times where Lukes gift to me is actually not refusing to watch something girly!) It's pretty simple, but we love it & it works for us.
Neither of us really agree with the holiday as such, but also don't want to ignore it completely- after all, it's just a nice excuse to remember to celebrate the fact you love someone & ARE loved.
We always try to fid at least a few people to send a card to too, so they know we love them. I've always enjoyed doing that! This year we picked H's cousins (of which there are now 7!!!) I tried to do some fingerpainting with her- but it was pretty awful, all she wanted to do was EAT the paint- FAIL! We did however, make enough markings on the page to create a card & I guess we'll just try again next year!
This year, we didn't get to see each other for Valentines (I know, not the worst thing in the world & also not the only person I'm sure it happened to!) It made it quite exciting to remember to post a card that Luke could pick up from his parents! (Felt like old times!) plus this year I sent something from H too. I wasn't expecting anything back as Luke is super busy & I'd told him not to bother- but on the day Hollie & I both got a special card in the post which made our day :o) (Hollie chewed on her card for most of the morning!)
We also got a special treat from one of my brothers (I have three- this is the eldest one this time!)
Around lunch time we were off out to visit my Nanna & HE BOUGHT ROUND ROSES!!! What a legend! It was so sweet! He had some for H, Mum & I- which I just thought was the cutest! I do have the best brothers! (Ok, sometimes! Other times I'd happily swap them & I'm sure they feel the se towards me!)
He is also brilliant (& his gorgeous wife too!) as they babysat for us on the Saturday night so Luke & I could have a proper date night. It was great to be out on a Saturday night (& even greater to be able to do my hair without the fear of H grabbing my poker hot straighteners!) we found a little (& quiet!) bar to get drinks in & just chatted- which was just what we needed & then on our way home got a text to say my brother had already dropped H home & tucked her up in her own crib to save us the journey! Again... LEGEND!
So a great valentines with an extended date night! I couldn't have asked for more for the week really! (Ok, apart from maybe a mortgage free, ready I move into home, but you know what I mean!)




No comments:
Post a Comment