Before any more time passes....
We had a relief society (like a Mormon version of the WI) dinner party the other week- my friend Annabel and I were asked to 'host' a table- we took the birthday party theme very seriously & decided we would be a pirate table!Because, who doesn't love a pirate theme, right?!?
It was good fun getting it all ready & I used some inspiration from Pinterest to help get me going.
We had pirate lanterns- in the form of re-used glass jars (the amount of things you can be shown to re-use a glass jar on pinterest is ridonculas! (Yes, that's right ri-donc-ulas!!!)We ordered a children's pirate party set that came with hats, eye patches, plates, cups, napkins etc. then I made bunting & cupcake favours!
For the bunting, I went for the paper option- I found it a lot easier & quicker to do & think for quick fix bunting rather than pretty, up the majority of the time bunting I will stick to paper as it also seems a lot easier to store!(So easy to store in fact, I can't remember wher I put it to take a photo of it! Ooops! I will add one to this post- if I ever find it!)
For the cupcakes, I used a chocolate cake recipe from pinterest- it's called Devils chocolate cake. (It's actually part of a mint chocolate cake that looks reeeeeally scrummy but I just opted for simple chocolate this time round!) The recipe was brill though & the cake wasn't dry at all (which is my main worry with chocolate cake!) I then slapped on the icing, because I am NOT an icer! I would LOVE to be- but sadly just am not. All my sister in laws ice beautifully, so I really should get them to teach me but then my thought process is just 'get them to ice it for me instead!' which is an even easier option!
Hollie had great fun helping with the cake making (the bunting & jars she was not so much a fan of as I must have said 'don't play with that Hollie' about 20 times!!)
The cake making led me to introduce Hollie to the joy of 'licking the spoon!' We haven't tried this wondrous activity before, but she'd been so well behaved I planned ahead a little & left the eggs out till after she'd had a taste! As you can imagine, it went down well! She was ecstatic to have such a treat & I didn't even mind clearing her up (after prising the spoon off of her well over 30 minutes later!!!) here are a few photos of my craft goodies (sorry- totally forgot to take a photo of the finished table!!! Ooops!) so you'll just have to use your imagination!
![]() |
| As you can see, REALLY can' t ice!!! |
![]() |
| Mesmorised by the chocolate! |



No comments:
Post a Comment