....Is it's addictive!!! I think I would go as far as to say I love it more than chocolate! Yes, I did actually just write that!
Because it's soooo addictive, I've decided to create a little rule for myself:
I have to make one thing I pin a month (& blog about it for evidence!) Wether a recipe or a home improvement or a craft, I have to give it a good go, then move it to my board 'tried & tested' where if you click on the photo it will take you to the original post & idea & I will leave a link underneath for my attempt at it! Hopefully, that will at least make my pinterest addiction productive!
So far this month I have tried two:
The first: a basic home improvement- storing your bed linen in one of the co-ordinating pillow cases. Helping me to not loose part of the linen set & helping keep my linen cupboard a little tidier! My attempt does not yet look as perfectly folded as the photo giving the original idea- but I've done it & it works!!! *Thankyou pinterest!*
The Second: Fuzzy Magnets!
A really simple fun idea- cut up pipe cleaners (I got mine from a craft shop called the Range for £1) stuck in a jar then use a magnet to make to 'fuzzies' move around! Then all I did was spray paint the lid & give it a little jazzing up & we where done!
The original idea used a plastic bottle- but I went with a jar, just because I had an empty one ready to use straight away & thought it looked a little tidier. We used something called a 'magnet wand' from the Early Learning Centre- it seems a little stronger than an average sized magnet & worked well for Hollie to hold too.
Truth be told- this hasn't held Hollies attention for more than about 3 minutes, but I think that's down to her age a nothing holds her for too long at this point. I also think as she gets older it will be a great example of how magnets work that is fun too!
Total time to make: 20 mins (TOPS!) No mess (apart from if you want to spray the jar lid, then just be careful where you spray!)
All in all, I AM LOVING Pinterest! (For those of you who are at this point wondering what I'm banging on about- its a website where you can 'pin' ideas/recipes/fun things on your own virtual pin boards & then haves quick link on 'how to' from the original websites they came from without having to bookmark every single website/blog individually). *Fab idea!*
So- apologies for the original family based blog becoming a bit of a crafty outlet for me too, but hopefully some of you will enjoy :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment