Peonies

Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Change...

For those that don't know, I am not a fan of change. I know that says a lot about me really, but yes- I am that character that likes things to stay exactly the same in many ways. I'm the girl in the story book that would have to be dragged outside by a much more daring character to go on the adventure because I'm too happy at home where I know what's coming next! Boring- yes, I know! But I am trying to be better at change- hence this post! (plus they say the first step is recognition!!!)

There has been lots of change in our lives recently- and still more to come. I have one of those pink licences now (wahoooo!) instead of my rubbish provisional one, I am another year older, we have moved home, we have been watching Hollie change more & more into a little girl and we are being given more & more opportunities to grow and develop as individuals and as a family. I'm quite happy with all these changes. I'm feeling like they're all for the better.... And that works for me!

When I look back on our decision to move from London I sometime wonder wether I would do it again. Wether if i knew how things would turn out and the things we'd have to go through, would I just revert back to the girl in the story that says "no" & stays put? I hope not. The changes we've had have been good, and the hard times have only made it more worthwhile. I love being close to so many more of my friends and Hollie having more of her extended family close by as well as all her surrogate 'Aunties & Uncles' I love the things I have learnt about myself this past year that have helped me to recognise I need to be better and how not having Luke home every night of the week has made me re-learn how much I love & appreciate him & not to take his presence for granted when he is there. Plus so much more.

So I guess, in a nutshell- Im slowly excepting the challenge of change. So far- it has always changed me for the better. So maybe when the next adventure comes along I'll be the little girl in the story waiting earnestly outside for the adventure to begin, bags already packed & everything! Well... Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment