It was refreshing to be with some of my friends. To talk about things that matter... And things that don't. To learn from them. To share my feelings with them. To catch up on their lives and hear about their families. We shopped, we ate and we talked. I think we did not stop talking the whole 48hours! We giggled like school girls till tears ran down our faces. We embarrassed ourselves in public (some more than others!!!) we took photos of ourselves in our pjs- just like 'the good old days'. We debated wether we were 'old' or not yet and what age we were stuck at in our heads. We reminisced. We sang along to songs we used to dance together to on road trips and gigs we attended. We squirmed at reminders of boys we used to be madly in love with and then re-lived how each of us had met and fallen in love with our husbands. We debated and listened, then laughed some more!
We got barely 8 hours sleep the whole weekend... And yet I returned home feeling fresh and rejuvenated. I felt ready for what else lies ahead for us for the rest of this year. I'd been reminded of who I was, outside of being a wife, a mother, a daughter and a sister. I was me. Stood alone, allowed to carry a small handbag with nothing but my purse and phone! I was reminded how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many good people, that make me want to be better. How blessed I am to know so many women that will influence my daughters life for the better as well as Luke and mines and call me on my rubbish when required.
I need my friends! They are all too good to not need them! As I settle back into my weekly routine with Miss Hollie and start to see the bottom of the pile of our moving boxes I feel so blessed to have so many friends in my life. Friends that put up with me and love me no matter what. If you're reading this and you are my friend... Thankyou :o) Life is better because of you.
![]() |
| Turns out we didn't take one sensible photo! |


We need a girlfriend's trip. ASAP. xo
ReplyDeleteWe so do!!!! One day H Unit!!! One day! x
Delete