So, today has ended up being REALLY rubbish :o( I was so excited to catch up with some girls from work, one being my lovely Shahnaz that now lives in Birmingham so I hardly ever get to see her (& would MUCH prefer to go back to seeing her everyday) & then after sending Luke off to football with his friends for the day, on the way home- the car totally shut down on him! Well, not the whole car- but the gearbox that turns out- is pretty important! Even as a non pink license holder, I know that the gearbox going is not good & not a quick fix. I was right- its a looong fix (well, replacement really) & this is echoed LOUDLY by the price its going to cost to have it fixed. Boo to this! Especially when maternity pay doesn't exactly leave you 'rolling in it'! BUT- after a quick phonecall to my Mum & a reassuring cuddle from Luke with Hollie cooing away at us, I realised I have MUCH to be thankful for & LITTLE to moan about! I have the best family- who when phoned with bad news about our car are happy to chip in with ideas & solutions & I have the BESTEST (to me!) Husband, who no matter how worried or scared he is himself- is a fixer! He fixes whatever problem it is & keeps his worrying secondary to his re-assuring. He doesn't complain, he doesn't sit back & despair, he just goes to work until its fixed. One of the hundreds of reasons I love him! He is my glass full guy when I am down & a constant reminder that really- with my family, I have everything. He's pretty hot too! (Tee hee hee!) I know I drive him crazy & know exactly how to wind him up. I know I could do so much better at letting him know I love him & being more patient with him & yet- miraculously, everyday when I sneek a peek in the morning- he's still here! And now, so is Hollie! With her smiles & cuddles & a husband willing to look after me what more could I want?! Sowhat if our car may not be working- at least it can be fixed. So what if Luke broke down- he was picked up & towed home within an hour by our Bishop who is always there when you need him- even in the rain & even when he could've just said he was too busy. So what if we havn;t done our food shop yet for the week- Tesco deliver! I am going to go to bed counting my blessings- some may be small, but they all add up. Yes, its annoying not having to have the car at our beck & call- but it makes me grateful that we HAVE a car & that in a few days time we (hopefully!) will have it working again! I have an amazing family, that is growing by the day & jam packed with love & we have our health. I am lucky. No- I am blessed. And, for at least a week after our car is fixed, I will not take it for granted! (After a week I know the novelty will wear off & I'll be yearning for a new, bigger car) but hey, at least for tonight-
I will be grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment