Peonies

Friday, 24 February 2012

Daddy Days!

Today, was a DADDY DAY! We got Mr L all to ourselves & LOVED IT! What was even better, is we didn't have much on the 'to do' list today apart from to pick up a few birthday presents for various family members which left us with a bit of time to play and a good excuse to have a mosey round the shops together!

Also, with it being Friday (Rhyme time day!) Daddy got to take us to rhyme time & see what we enjoy so much! He was very entertaining to watch; joining in the singing and actions & trying to get Hollie a bit more enthusiastic about it! (Hollies face the whole way through is normally one of complete indifference with an occasional smile cracked!)

Then off to the shops we trotted to 'ooooo' & 'ahhhhhhh' over pretty things. We even bought some material for me to try my hand at a few things I've seen on pinterest! (Luke's quote in the store when I asked him if he thought that would be enough material: "I don't know- I haven't seen the photo from your stalking site!!!!" tee hee hee!)

There where a few stalls in reading today selling Italian goodies.. It was tempting, but I managed to resist! (I just took a photo instead!)

We also managed to squeeze in a trip to the DVLA- because what day is complete without the DVLA?! H had a little picnic in there to help pass the time faster for her & for the first time I became one of those parents who realised H had poured half her juice in a puddle on the floor & added a few orange segments to her masterpiece & I JUST LEFT IT THERE!!!! I know, I know- NOT good! But by this point my self motivation had been crushed into almost nothingness & I just wanted to go home (so sorry DVLA person who has to pick up my child's mess. I. WILL. TRY. HARDER.)

So, to the outsider- maybe just a mundane day- but to H & I a BRILLIANT one because Daddy was there to make us laugh & Daddy's like sugar- everything's just that little bit more exciting with him in it :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment